Gleeds is a world class management and construction consultancy with over 125 years experience in the building and construction industry. Awarded Construction Consultant of the Year in 2011 by the Building Magazine, Gleeds has established itself as one of the leading consultants in the energy and nuclear sector, by offering the traditional core services of cost and project management, as well as strategic advisory services. Present on the Central European market for 18 years, Gleeds has undertaken approximately 500 projects for 200 clients, with €7 billion of construction value.
In Romania, Gleeds has over twelve years experience in the building and construction industry, and the company’s Bucharest-based multi-disciplinary team makes it one of the country’s leading management and construction consultants. The branch office in Arad, in the Banat region, services the cities of Timişoara, Deva, Alba Iulia, Orăştie and Cluj-Napoca. Gleeds has successfully completed projects throughout the country, its wide experience across virtually every industry sector allowing the company to offer both inward investors and local clients the highest standards of service.
Gleeds Romania is staffed by a balanced combination of internationally experienced personnel and locally recruited professionals: a mix which allows them to integrate easily with both local and international clients, and understand and meet their requirements.
Apart from the personnel’s broad experience, Gleeds asserts itself through a strong local presence, good geographical coverage and numerous projects completed on time and on budget, in the following sectors: Commercial, Leisure, Transport, Retail, Regeneration, Education, Industrial and Manufacturing, Accommodation and Utilities.
The company’s services provided from Bucharest:
• Project Management. Gleeds provides a total project management service for building, civil engineering, environmental engineering, process engineering and other construction projects. The company has an extensive track record in a wide variety of schemes, including: Restoration of listed buildings; Developing major manufacturing and distribution centres; Building and redeveloping hotels; Offices and major city centre developments. Successfully realized projects include: American International School of Bucharest; Dorobanţi 239 (Bucharest); Lucas Wiring Systems (Arad); Sumitomo Wiring Systems (Deva, Orăştie, Alba Iulia); Johnson Controls Romania (Ploieşti, Brazi); Cafea Fortuna (Bucharest); Casarom (Arad); Casino Unirii (Bucharest); Sema Park (Bucharest); The Oaks (Bucharest); Bluehouse Victoria (Bucharest); Bluehouse Olympia (Bucharest); Sigma Residential (Bucharest); Metropolis (Bucharest); Shopping Centre (Braşov); Shopping Centre (Timişoara); Monaco Towers (Bucharest) and Bellevue Residence (Braşov).
• Cost Engineering. Gleeds offers 40 years experience in the area of cost engineering, from planning and design through to construction, maintenance and decommissioning. The company is also able to provide: Experience controlling costs in power station construction, and serving the nuclear generation and reprocessing industries; Expertise from the earliest feasibility stages, including value engineering, risk analysis and life-cycle costing; Expert advice on all aspects of contract procurement, including documentation preparation and issue; Independent financial audit, based on performance specification; Revolutionary techniques in term contract management and fully computerised plant maintenance programmes; Recent experience in new and challenging areas of nuclear decommissioning.
• Cost Management. Gleeds manages the supply chain using detailed, sector-specific benchmark data to minimise waste throughout the project, from planning through to manufacture and installation, by considering all procurement routes and offering transparent accountability throughout. Successfully realized projects include: American International School of Bucharest; Lucas Wiring Systems (Arad); Sumitomo Wiring Systems (Deva, Orăştie, Alba Iulia); Johnson Controls Romania (Ploieşti, Brazi); Cafea Fortuna (Bucharest); Casarom (Arad); Casino Unirii (Bucharest); Sema Park (Bucharest); The Oaks (Bucharest); Bluehouse Victoria (Bucharest); Bluehouse Olympia (Bucharest); Sigma Residential (Bucharest); Metropolis (Bucharest); Shopping Centre (Braşov); Shopping Centre (Timişoara); Monaco Towers (Bucharest) and Bellevue Residence (Braşov).
• Building Surveying. From legislative requirements, neighbourly disputes and party walls to landlord and tenant services and construction, the company’s service experience spans virtually all sectors. Particular areas of specialist expertise across both public and private sectors include: Technical Due Diligence; Disability audits and appraisals; Contract administration; Private finance initiative (PFI) schemes; Investigation into defective buildings or works; Independent Certifier.
• Development Management. Gleeds’ experts advise both private and public sectors in every aspect of the development process. A decade managing high profile projects has given them particular expertise in: Site identification and management of the acquisition process; Due Diligence on site acquisition; Creation of business plans and bespoke development appraisals for property development; Acting as lender’s and employer’s representative on development projects; Management of the pre-construction development process.
• Client’s Representative. Gleeds monitors aspects of the project that are of particular interest to the client, for compliance against agreed targets and industry standards. The company can then take action if necessary, on the basis of predetermined delegated powers. Successfully realized projects include Dorobanţi 239 (Bucharest).
• Lender’s Representative. Gleeds monitors and reports to the lenders on the progress and performance against the project budget during construction. The company also checks and certifies the construction progress payments and checks that funds drawn from the lenders are correctly paid for by the developers. Successfully realized projects include: American International School of Bucharest; Union Center 2 (Bucharest); America House (Bucharest); Praktiker Militari (Bucharest); Quadra Place 1 (Bucharest); Orhideea Gardens (Bucharest); Cotroceni Park (Bucharest); Răsărit de Soare (Bucharest); Quadra Place 2 (Bucharest); Evocasa Selecta (Bucharest); Gold Plaza (Baia Mare); Marinescu Residential (Sinaia).
Enquiries can be sent directly to Gleeds Romania with the form below.
How to get there: By metro: From the Universitate station, Gleeds Romania is situated within 15min walking distance.
Romania offers a wide range of accommodation opportunities, as diverse as the country itself. From luxurious 5* hotels to inexpensive hostels, from traditional pensions to modern apartments, here you can find something to suit every style and budget.
Nightlife in Romania is something that you definitely have to experience during your stay here. As the sun goes down, … no, it’s not Dracula coming to life, but the cities seem more alive than ever. You don't want to miss all the fun after dark!
On any given day (and night), in Romania you will find thousands of lively bars to choose from, which include in their drinks lists everything from classy cocktails or sophisticated coffees to ice cold beer or elegant wines.
No matter what is it that you are looking for, you’ll find a specialized shop where you can buy it from. From large malls to small boutiques, the Romanian shopping options are diverse in both product range and appearance.
If you want to move from one place to another, Romania offers many possibilities and options to choose from. The numerous companies providing transportation services will ensure high quality services at affordable rates.
Romania provides numerous possibilities for sports and outdoor activities throughout the year. If you like to move and fill up with adrenaline, browse this category in order to find the most suitable activity for you.