While the quality of the public medical services is usually below standards, the private clinics and hospitals benefit from professional staff, last generation equipments and modern facilities. Moreover, the staff of these private institutions can usually speak English or other foreign languages, which turns out to be a very valuable trait in case of need. Although we wish you a stay undisturbed by medical problems, it’s best to know where to go in case of emergency. Below we have listed some of the biggest private health providers in Romania which offer an integrated system of hospitals, clinics, laboratories, medical campuses and mobile medical units.
MedLife is the biggest private provider of medical services in Romania. The access to their services is facilitated by an integrated system which contains: ambulatory, hospital, medical laboratories and pharmacies. At the moment, MedLife has:
- 9 hyper-clinics (in Bucharest, Timişoara, Braşov and Arad)
- 8 laboratories
- 2 hospitals (in Bucharest and Arad) which include all the medical/surgical specialties
- 20 mobile medical units
- 6 specialized medical centres (maternal-fetal medicine, physiotherapy and medical recovery, osteoporosis, gastroenterology, psychiatry and psychotherapy, proctology)
Apart from their own network of clinics, MedLife also develops a partnership with over 135 medical clinics in Romania. To contact MedLife, call (021) 9646 or visit MedLife Website.
Regina Maria is one of the biggest networks of private healthcare services in Bucharest and Romania. Their over 130,000 patients are treated in:
- 18 polyclinics (Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Braşov, Constanţa, Bacău) and over 130 partner polyclinics all over the country
- 6 hospitals in Bucharest and in the country (Obstetrics and Gynaecology Hospital, Arcul de Triumf Surgical Hospital, Euroclinic Hospital, Dorobanţi Hospital, Obstetrics and Gynaecology Hospital in Braşov, Multidisciplinary Day Hospital in Bacău)
- 3 maternity hospitals (Bucharest and Braşov)
- 3 medical campuses (Bucharest, Bacău and Braşov)
- 5 medical imaging centres (nuclear magnetic resonance, computed tomography) in Bucharest, Bacău and Braşov
- the Clinic Laboratories Division (Bucharest, Constanţa, Bacău and Braşov)
- Stem Cells Central Bank
For more information or appointments, dial 021 9268 – Regina Maria Call Centre or visit Regina Maria Website.
Since 2000, Gral Medical is one of the most important healthcare providers, based on primary and specialized medical assistance. At the moment, the medical services in the Gral centres covers over 31 specialities, 433 types of laboratory tests and 521 medical manoeuvres and investigations. Gral Medical has a network of 24 medical centres:
- clinics in Bucharest and Ploieşti
- diagnostic clinic in Bucharest
- dialysis centre in Bucharest
- oncology clinics in Bucharest, Ploieşti, Piteşti, Focşani and Craiova
- 11 laboratories in Bucharest, Ploieşti, Sibiu and Craiova
- 4 medical imaging centres in Bucharest and Ploieşti
For more details or appointments, please call 021-323.00.00(02) - Call Centre or directly contact the chosen centre at the corresponding telephone numbers from this list. Visit Gral Medical Website
Mediclass is a multidisciplinary medical centre of diagnosis and ambulatory treatment opened in 2006 in Bucharest. The doctors from MediClass offer consultations and examinations in over 40 medical specialities, while at the clinic’s laboratory you can perform more than 10 types of laboratory tests. Concerned with constantly developing its range of activity, MediClass now offers innovating services such as aesthetic plastic surgery (medical wellness), pain therapy or low frequency laser therapy. For more information and contact details, visit Mediclass Website.
Romania offers a wide range of accommodation opportunities, as diverse as the country itself. From luxurious 5* hotels to inexpensive hostels, from traditional pensions to modern apartments, here you can find something to suit every style and budget.
Nightlife in Romania is something that you definitely have to experience during your stay here. As the sun goes down, … no, it’s not Dracula coming to life, but the cities seem more alive than ever. You don't want to miss all the fun after dark!
On any given day (and night), in Romania you will find thousands of lively bars to choose from, which include in their drinks lists everything from classy cocktails or sophisticated coffees to ice cold beer or elegant wines.
No matter what is it that you are looking for, you’ll find a specialized shop where you can buy it from. From large malls to small boutiques, the Romanian shopping options are diverse in both product range and appearance.
If you want to move from one place to another, Romania offers many possibilities and options to choose from. The numerous companies providing transportation services will ensure high quality services at affordable rates.
Romania provides numerous possibilities for sports and outdoor activities throughout the year. If you like to move and fill up with adrenaline, browse this category in order to find the most suitable activity for you.